Frequently asked questions
As per the Australian Psychological Society (APS) website, “a psychologist is a professional trained in the science of how people think, feel, behave and learn.” A psychologist must be registered with the Psychology Board of Australia (PsyBA) and listed with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). Registered psychologists are required to have a minimum of six years of university training and supervised experience, and to engage in ongoing education to keep their skills and knowledge up to date.
A psychology appointment is generally a 46-60 minute session.
The presenting concern and individual differences will depend on how long it takes to start feeling better. Your psychologist will discuss with you how often appointments are recommended (i.e. weekly, fortnightly, monthly) and timeframes will be reviewed regularly throughout sessions. Your psychologist may discuss other options available to ensure a holistic approach is incorporated and addresses your needs, for example, involvement of a physiotherapist, exercise physiologist, treating doctor, dietitian, etc. in your treatment to help you feel better.
CBT focuses on the relationship between feelings, thoughts, and behaviours to develop appropriate strategies to improve presenting concerns and help you to reach your potential. CBT has been extensively researched and shown to be as effective as medication or supportive counselling. CBT may be used for presenting problems such as anxiety, panic, depression, phobias, post-traumatic stress, obsessive compulsive conditions, anger, stress, to name just a few. The aim of CBT is to implement long-term strategies and skills that you develop to improve your overall wellbeing. It is important for each client to be actively involved in their treatment, and CBT should be individualised to the client. CBT may be used in psychology sessions with Crystal Clear Psychology Solutions, however, other approaches will be considered to ensure it is the most appropriate given your presenting concerns and needs.
Crystal Clear Psychology Solutions offer various job seeking services, including:
- Resume Update
- Cover Letter Completion
- Interview Techniques
- Cold Canvassing and Accessing the Hidden Job Market
- Job Seeking Websites and Application Processes
- Skills Review
- Strengths Based Activities for Return to Work
- Stress Management for Return to Work, to name just a few
It is important to consider why you wish to start or return to work. What will motivate you to job seek and look for work? Times may get tough or you may feel disheartened at times when starting the job application process, it is important to remember why you want to work in the first place to keep fighting and achieve your goal of returning to work.
The benefits of working have been researched and may include:
- Improved physical and mental wellbeing;
- Builds confidence and self-esteem;
- Assists with recovering from illnesses and injuries;
- Develop time management skills and provides life skills;
- Builds resilience;
- Improves financial situation;
- People tend to be happier and healthier if they are working compared tosomeone not working;
- Helps to feel a sense of pride, achieve, and self-identity;
- Build social support and networks;
- Contribute to society and family through working;
- Provides structure and routine.
Crystal Clear Psychology Solutions will update your resume and complete a cover letter for $50.00 (GST inclusive). The full job seeking package is available for $147.00, and will be online shortly.
The cost of psychology services depends on the referral pathway. Referrals to Crystal Clear Psychology Solutions may be through a valid mental health care plan (MHCP) through your treating doctor, national disability insurance scheme (NDIS), self-referral, workcover or insurance scheme, chronic disease management plan (CDMP) through your treating doctor, or an employee assistance program (EAP). Depending on the referral pathway, set fees are applied by the individual scheme:
- MHCP – With a MHCP, you may be entitled to a maximum of 10 sessions per calendar year with $84.80 rebate applicable in rooms and $106.55 rebate for outreach services may be covered by medicare. Please speak with your treating doctor about this referral pathway.
- CDMP – With a valid CDMP, five sessions per calendar year may be applicable and covers a cost of $52.95 each session. Please speak with your treating doctor about this referral pathway.
- NDIS – Please visit the NDIS pricelist for more information on costs for psychology and job seeking services: https://www.ndis.gov.au/providers/price-guides-and-information
- WorkCover or Insurance Scheme – Please enquire with your insurance scheme to confirm costs covered for psychology services.
- EAP – Please enquire with your employer as to which EAP provider you may be able to access.
The Australian Psychology Society recommends a rate of $241.00 per session for psychological services, however, Crystal Clear Psychology Solutions aims to keep fees reasonable and charges substantially under this rate. A gap fee may be applicable for psychology sessions depending on the referral pathway. A consent form will be emailed to you prior to your initial consultation, and further discussed during the first appointment.
Payments can be made via bank transfer. An invoice will be issued by Crystal Clear Psychology Solutions and payments are requested within 14 days.